We have thought long and hard and have come up with 5 great rules/suggestions/guidelines for how to support parents, volunteers, or counselors in training (CIT) when they are on our outings.
- Talk to the kids, not the adults
- Talk to the kids at their level
· Adult conversations should be done in private or after the program
- Our main goal is to develop Relationships, thinking, and meaning, not compliance
- Play so that you both have fun
· Find the inner child in you
- When in doubt follow the Learning on the Log staff lead